Scholastic Book Orders

Scholastic Book Orders
Order books here! Class Activation Code: GQLKG

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Similes

Today in literacy we discussed figurative language.  Fancy words, huh?  Figurative language is when writers describe something in the text by comparing it to something else. Today, we discussed a particular type of figurative language called similes.  A simile is figurative language that compares two unlike things by using the words like or as. The students seemed to enjoy the two videos I shared today so I thought I would post them on the blog.  One link is a song that you can click on and the other link is the book My Dog is as Smelly as Dirty Socks.   Have your child share different similes with you!  Enjoy!

Simile Song

My Dog is as Smelly as Stinky Socks

No comments:

Post a Comment